Floor Cleaning 101: What You Need to Know
Majority of professional cleaners in the world say that floor cleaning is the most time-consuming among all their tasks. After all, each living space, regardless of whether it is commercial or residential, needs to have flooring.
True, the flooring may differ on what material is utilised and other decorations, but the fact remains that the floor needs to be cleaned, period.
Yet you’ll be surprised that a number of households and business establishments do not see the benefit in keeping their floors clean. Many of them would rather use entrance matting or welcome mats to keep dirt and mud away from the floors, and would choose to ignore the dust that has accumulated on their floors.
Here are a number of reasons why you should always pay attention to floor cleaning
- While using entrance mats may be effective in terms of removing dirt that is brought from the outside, it only removes 80% of the dirt on the soles of your shoes or flip-flops. This means that one-third of the dirt is still brought indoors, not to mention the many microorganisms and harmful elements that may compromise you and your family’s health.
- Aside from removing dirt, regularly cleaning your floors also gets rid of dust and bacteria. This is important, particularly if someone in your household suffers from asthma or other respiratory issues. Ensuring that they can sit on the sofa near the carpet and not worry about them inhaling dust can give you peace of mind.
- Floor cleaning can also keep your home safe from allergens. There are a number of allergy triggers that are lurking on your floor or carpet, particularly pet dander, pollen, and mites, among others. Imagine if your immune-compromised child crawled all over a floor infested with these allergens; as kids are wont to do, your child will probably put his hand to his mouth after crawling about. As a result, your little one can get sick.
- When it comes to your business, having clean flooring can keep you safe from liabilities. Imagine if you have a preoccupied client walking on the store, looking at your products. Suddenly, the customer trips on a piece of wood on the floor. Cleaning your floor therefore could’ve saved you all the trouble.
- Aside from removing actual debris on the floor, cleaning it regularly keeps it dry and safe. Tripping on something on the floor and slipping on the floor due to water spillage are among the most common causes of injuries at work or at a commercial space, particularly when you have uneven flooring.
- Frequent mopping, sweeping, and cleaning of your floors also keep them sparkling and beautiful, therefore giving your potential clients and visitors a good impression of your establishment. This sends a good message to your visitors that you mean business, since you pay attention even to the minutest details.
- Aside from giving your establishment a good impression, floor cleaning also helps you save on floor maintenance costs in the long run. Keeping your floors clean keeps off the grit and grime off your floors, so there is less worry about sand and other materials that can potentially work at the material, scratch the surface, and keep it weak.
These are among the most common considerations you have to think about when you are having second thoughts when it comes to keeping your floors clean. Floor cleaning can sanitise your home or establishment, keep your guests safe from tripping and slipping, and give you peace of mind that you are sending the right impression.
Of course, if you have a large establishment, keeping your floors clean is easier said and done. Who has time to actually scrub the entire floor area, right? That being said, you will need the help of professionals who offer floor cleaning services
. This means you don’t have to spend hours upon hours on your knees, trying to get rid of stubborn marks, when you can get professionals to do it for you. This can be very handy when it comes to wanting to save time and effort.
Floor cleaning can do wonders for you, your business, and your family. This is something you should definitely do regularly.